What Make For Cooking Veg Biryani?
A one pot similar to the one we get in Indian restaurants. Very very aromatic and delicious dish. One
of the top recipes on the blog. Recipe includes making spice powder or masala needed for the dish.
The term "BIRYANi" is derived from the Persian word "BERIAN" meaning fried before cooking. Traditionally, rice
was fried in ghee until aromatic before cooking.
How to make the recipe
1. Soak rice for at least 10 minutes. Drain the water and set aside.
2. Chop all the veggies and mint.
Making veg biryani
1. Add oil to a pressure cooker and heat it.
2. Add spices and fry till get a nice aroma for one to 2 minutes. Fry onions until gloden. Add ginger garlic paste and saute untill the raw smell has gone.
3. Add all chopped vegetable, fry for about 2 more minutes.
4. Add mint leaves, biryani masala and for 2 more minutes.
5. Measure and pour water or coconut milk, salt and lemon juice.
6. When the water begins to boil, and rice and stir.
7. Close the lid and let the cooker whistle once on a low flame. Off the stove and when the pressure goes down, open the lid and fluff up.
8. Serve veg biryani with raita.