What Make For Cooking Jackfruit Biryani ?
Tender green raw jackfruit is marinated with biryani spices, yogurt and cooked with rice for a scrumptious version of jackfruit Biryani. Jackfruit has a texture of meat and really goes well as a substitute for non-veg. Jackfruit Biryani is a one pot meal and can be made in a jiffy. A good choice for the menu when hosting a party.
Ingredients used in Raw Jack Fruit Biryani
Basmati rice - 500 grams.
Jack fruit - 500 grams.
Sliced onion - 2 number.
Raisins - as required.
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tea spoon.
Bay leaf - 3 number.
Cashew nuts - as required.
Turmeric powder - pinch.
Salt - pinch.
Oil - as required.
Curd - 1 cup.
Red chili powder - half tea spoon.
Chopped green chilies - 4 number.
Garam masala - 2 teaspoons.
Water - as required.
Chopped mint leaves - 1 bunch.
Chopped coriander leaves - 1 bunch.
Food color (optional) - as required.
1. In a pan, fry onions till golden brown colour and keep aside.
2. Soak Basmati rice and cook 70% and keep aside.
3. Now take Raw Jack fruit apply oil to hand, cut the skin and make into cubes (do not make into small pieces). Take presure cooker add jack fruit pieces, turmeric powder, salt, little water and cook till it is 80% done.
4. Take a pan add oil, whole garam masala, bay leaf, cashew nut, rasins, green chillis, ginger garlic paste,salt and mix it well.
5. Now add boiled jack fruit, saute it then add mint leaves, coriander leaves, curd, biryani masala if required,and cook it well.
6. Now spread the jack fruit all over the pan then add fried onions (half quantity) , chili powder, add 70% cooked rice, mint leaves, coriander leaves, onions left over, add food color, cover it with a lid and cook on a slow flame for about 10 minutes.